Analysis and Disposition
- GMO Renewable Resources, LLC. Advisory, Valuation and Acquisition Services, Northeast and Pacific Northwest, including sale of 1,000,000 acres in Maine.
Appraisal and Advisory Services
- Trust for Public Land. Appraisal of 2,300± acres of forested development land surrounding Sunday River Ski Resort - Newry, Maine.
- (Confidential – Family) Evaluation of 330± acres of ocean front land on Vinalhaven Island, Maine.
- Federal Government - Conservation of Timber Land (Philips, ME). Yellow Book appraisal of 5,808 acres of mountainous timber land near Sugarloaf Ski resort before and after a Conservation Easement.
- Land for Maine’s Future Program. Appraisal of fee and conservation easement rights on 3,400± acres in Washington County, Maine, with nearly 50 miles of frontage along Spednic Lake and the St. Croix River.
- Institutional Timberland Property. “Restricted Appraisal” of 100,000-plus acres of timberland in western Maine for landowner before and after hypothetical sale of 40-mile utility transmission easement.
Comprehensive land planning and valuation
- (Confidential – Family) Assembled, via multiple transactions, a 16,000 acre ownership surrounding a major, high quality Maine lake for family compound.
Conservation Planning, Advisory and Valuation Services
- New England Forestry Foundation. Appraisal of conservation easement on 750,000± acres of forest and recreation land located in northern and western Maine (Pingree lands).
- New England Forestry Foundation. Appraisal of conservation easement on 300,000± acres in Washington County, Maine.
- Trust for Public Land. Valuation of proposed conservation and historic preservation easements for Trust for Public Land, 1,600-plus acres, including Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village improvements in southern Maine. Conservation and historic preservation easements were eventually sold to two separate non-profits for over $3,000,000.
- Forest Society of Maine. Appraisal of fee and conservation easement rights on 330,000± acres in Somerset County, Maine.
- Rangeley Lakes Heritage Trust. Appraisal of fee and conservation easement rights on 1,050 acres on Rangeley Lake. Timberland with waterfront amenity. Advisory Services on acquisition of local lands of conservation interest.
- Conservation planning, ongoing forest management and disposition services for 15,000 acres, Adirondacks, New York.
- Pingree Forest Partnership. Keith Ross (formerly of New England Forestry Foundation, now of LandVest) conceived and negotiated an Option to Purchase a conservation easement on 762,162 acres of forest land in western and northern Maine. LandVest provided the appraisal for both the sellers and the buyers in this transaction.
- Conservation Advisory Services for 200 acres of family lands in Georgetown, Maine.