Do you possess the drive and commitment necessary to succeed in the forestry consulting world? Are you an innovative thinker interested in helping us support and grow our forestry consulting business and achieve rewards for those efforts? If so, then we want to talk with you.
Position Available: Operations Forester
Location: LandVest Timberland Office in West Stewartstown, NH
LandVest is looking for an experienced, energetic and dedicated professional to join our Timberland Division as a supervising Operations Forester working out of our West Stewartstown, NH Region Office. The position is focused in northern NH alongside our team of dedicated, professional foresters on a large TIMO owned FSC certified and Conservation eased property. The position will primarily involve field work focusing on harvest operations planning, layout, and administration as well as assisting with forest inventory projects. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established consulting firm and be part of our continued growth where your input will be valued.Founded in 1968, LandVest has been helping landowners make informed decisions for almost five decades. Currently managing 2,000,000 acres in six northeastern states for a diverse clientele, we believe LandVest provides the best possible breadth and depth of consulting experience to timberland owners. LandVest management includes the upervision of over 640,000 acres of conservation eased lands, and primary management on over 316,000 acres of client FSC® certified lands and 330,000 acres of SFI certified lands. LandVest is also a Group Certified manager under FSC® covering over 60,000 acres with membership of our Group growing annually. Northern NH/VT is a great place to live and work with abundant outdoor recreational opportunities and rural living at its best.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operations (60%): Field work will involve the planning, layout and marking of timber sale harvest units, timber sale administration & inspections (pre & post sale), contracting, road layout and construction supervision, and post-harvest updates. Sound silvicultural practices are coordinated with wildlife, recreation, water management and public use. The Forester is essential to the management of the property due to the large number of timber sales in progress per year.
• Inventory (15%): Periodic local work as well as travelling across the Northeast US to carry out inventory projects. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel for extended periods of time in the range of a few days to a few weeks should the need arise.
• Office (15%): Operations planning, timber sale related paperwork, inventory data processing
• Other (10%): Boundary line work and other assigned field tasks, along with new business development.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Forestry
• Three to five years of operations/timber sale administration & cruising related field experience
• Ability to demonstrate a strong knowledge of the implementation of northern hardwood & spruce-fir silviculture
• Effective communication & supervisory skills especially concerning contractor relations
• Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite, use of GPS and introductory GIS skills
• Must be willing to work outdoors year-round in all weather conditions
Pay and Benefits:
• Salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills
• Benefits include medical, dental, 401K, paid vacation, sick and personal leave. LV covers all equipment expenses
• Incentives paid for generating new work and meeting budgets (profit sharing)
• Professional memberships, training encouraged and paid for by LandVest
• Opportunities for career advancement available
• Successful candidate must provide a reliable 4WD vehicle. LandVest reimburses mileage for the use of personal vehicles
• Respond with letter of application and resume by April 21st to:
Timberland Region Manager - Northern NH/VT
I want to sign in using my existing account on: