Located in the Chestnut Hill Historic District, this Georgian Colonial was built circa 1749 by a member of the Hammond family and later owned by John Lowell, a Judge in the U.S. District Court. The house has undergone a number of alterations over the years and for the past forty plus years has been the beloved home of just one family. The setting is bucolic with an oversized parcel of 1.36 acres of beautiful flat lawns, mature specimen trees and flowering gardens. This property offers the serenity of country living while public transportation, the shops and restaurants at “The Street” and “Chestnut Hill Square”
The Longwood Cricket Club, Boston College and The Chestnut Hill School are all within walking distance.
Beautiful original floors and moldings and wonderful natural light contribute to the character and charm of the property.
The residence includes three-plus bedrooms, two full and one half bath, six fireplaces and an attached two-car garage.
It's hard to believe this still exists in Old Chestnut Hill.