Think you have what it takes to be on the LandVest Timberland Team?
Do you possess the drive and commitment necessary to succeed in the forestry consulting world? Are you an innovative thinker interested in helping us support and grow our forestry consulting business and achieve rewards for those efforts? If so, then we want to talk with you.
Job Title: FOREST TECHNICIAN
Are you ready to start your forestry career with a nationwide leader in forest management and timberland marketing? Then, we want to talk to you.
LandVest is looking for an energetic and dedicated individual for a Forest Technician position for its growing business in our Kane, PA Regional Office. The position will primarily involve field work focusing on timber marking, forest inventory and forest operations. LandVest offers the opportunity to work with an experienced and well-respected staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timber Marking: Implementation of silvicultural prescriptions through marking and tallying & sale layout
- Inventory: Overstory and understory data collection using a variety of inventory methods including point sample and fixed radius.
- Other Field Duties: Reconnaissance of potential harvest units, layout of herbicide treatment areas, inspection of active harvest operations, maintenance of records pertaining to timber sale operations, boundary line maintenance, and GPS data collection.
- Office: Time will be limited as this is a primary field position.
What you need:
- Associates degree in Forestry, BS candidates accepted as well
- Passion for the forestry profession • Strong work ethic and dedication
- Open mind and readiness to learn from experienced foresters
- Willingness to travel occasionally across the northeast and mid-Atlantic regions
- Reliable 4WD vehicle
LandVest will provide:
- A stable organization celebrating 50 years in business
- A positive work environment
- The opportunity to build upon your education and hone your forestry skills
- Competitive salary, paid time off, benefits & incentives
- Expense & mileage reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Respond with a letter of interest and resume to:
Michael K. Hovatter
PO Box 776
Kane, PA 16735