Think you have what it takes to be on the LandVest Timberland Team?
Do you possess the drive and commitment necessary to succeed in the forestry consulting world? Are you an innovative thinker interested in helping us support and grow our forestry consulting business and achieve rewards for those efforts? If so, then we want to talk with you.
Position Announcement: STAFF FORESTER - Concord, New Hampshire
LandVest is looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial, and dedicated professional for a Staff Forester position to serve our clients in southern New England. The position can also include working to assist on other project work within the Division. Initially, the position involves primarily field work focused on inventory and harvest operations. As the candidate gains or demonstrates experience, responsibilities will grow to include preparing forest management plans and maintaining existing client relationships. Generating new business is an important aspect of the position in order to grow our business presence in the region. LandVest provides incentives for the development of new clients and projects. Near-term advancement opportunities, including a managerial & leadership position, are very possible.
The position is stationed out of our Concord office with administrative support available here. The location of staff’s domicile will be important to minimize travel due to the wide region served by the Concord office. Occasional overnight and multi-night travel will also be necessary. Candidates should possess, or be willing to acquire, forestry licenses where required.
LandVest is celebrating its 50th year of providing industry-leading consulting forestry services to its diverse clientele. Our staff is provided direction and guidance to always look ahead, use the most advanced forest science and bring about the finest long-term stewardship of our client’s forest resources as we work to meet their objectives of ownership. The staff consult on properties of varying sizes, timber types and varied ownership objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operations: Field work involving planning and laying out of harvest units, marking timber, inspecting active harvest operations and closeout, maintaining timber sale records, collecting GPS data.
- Inventory: Collecting field data, following LandVest cruise protocols, and preparing cruise reports.
- Other Field Work: Boundary work, road and trail layout and other assigned field tasks.
- Office: Management plan development, project administration, data analysis
- Other: We are active in certification programs. LandVest is a Group Certified manager under FSC® certificate C120428 covering over +/- 100,00 acres. Successful candidate will be trained to implement LandVest’s Operations Manual and Practices and Protocols that comply with certification and our company standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry from an SAF accredited program.
- Strong communication skills- verbal and written.
- Must be willing to work strenuous days, occasional weekends, outdoors year-round in all weather conditions.
- Operations related field experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to implement mixed northern hardwood and oak-pine-hemlock silviculture, planning and supervision of harvest operations and cruising and inventory skills.
- Good computer skills in most elements of Microsoft Office; GPS and introductory GIS skills.
- Reliable 4WD vehicle.
Pay and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills.
- Benefits include medical, dental, 401K, paid vacation, sick and personal leave.
- Incentives paid for generating new work and meeting budgets (profit sharing).
- Expense and mileage reimbursement. Annual stipend for personal vehicle use with appropriate gear.
- If interested and qualified, please email a cover letter and resume to: Bob Bradbury, Timberland Region Manager, Concord Office e-mail: email@example.com
Job Title: FOREST TECHNICIAN
Are you ready to start your forestry career with a nationwide leader in forest management and timberland marketing? Then, we want to talk to you.
LandVest is looking for an energetic and dedicated individual for a Forest Technician position for its growing business in our Kane, PA Regional Office. The position will primarily involve field work focusing on timber marking, forest inventory and forest operations. LandVest offers the opportunity to work with an experienced and well-respected staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timber Marking: Implementation of silvicultural prescriptions through marking and tallying & sale layout
- Inventory: Overstory and understory data collection using a variety of inventory methods including point sample and fixed radius.
- Other Field Duties: Reconnaissance of potential harvest units, layout of herbicide treatment areas, inspection of active harvest operations, maintenance of records pertaining to timber sale operations, boundary line maintenance, and GPS data collection.
- Office: Time will be limited as this is a primary field position.
What you need:
- Associates degree in Forestry, BS candidates accepted as well
- Passion for the forestry profession • Strong work ethic and dedication
- Open mind and readiness to learn from experienced foresters
- Willingness to travel occasionally across the northeast and mid-Atlantic regions
- Reliable 4WD vehicle
LandVest will provide:
- A stable organization celebrating 50 years in business
- A positive work environment
- The opportunity to build upon your education and hone your forestry skills
- Competitive salary, paid time off, benefits & incentives
- Expense & mileage reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Respond with a letter of interest and resume to:
Michael K. Hovatter
PO Box 776
Kane, PA 16735