Think you have what it takes to be on the LandVest Timberland Team?
Do you possess the drive and commitment necessary to succeed in the forestry consulting world? Are you an innovative thinker interested in helping us support and grow our forestry consulting business and achieve rewards for those efforts? If so, then we want to talk with you.
Pennsylvania Regional Forester, LandVest Timberland Office in Kane, Pennsylvania
LandVest is looking for an energetic and dedicated individual for a Regional Forester position in our Kane, PA Regional Office. The position involves a mix of administrative, supervisory, planning and field functions. The focus is providing leadership in the management of staff as they serve our existing client base (57,000 acres). In addition to serving existing clients this position is responsible for continuing the effort to grow a larger and more dynamic business in the region.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate a strong understanding of all forestry concepts & northern hardwood silviculture, excellent writing and communications skills, a willingness to travel and a passion for forestry and the implementation of the highest quality forestry management. The ability to lead, to demonstrate business development skills and to think on one’s feet are all characteristics of successful LandVest leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight: Development and supervision of planning and implementation of management on our existing client’s ownerships.
- Staff Supervision: The PA Regional Forester Position is responsible for two offices (Kane, PA & Hancock, NY), 5 foresters and one administrative staff person. Supervision involves the direct oversight of staff, their actions and the performance of the staff to achieve company and client objectives.
- Field Duties: LandVest’s Regional Foresters participate fully in a wide variety of field forestry applications. Cruising/check cruising, sale inspections, tract reconnaissance, client tours, visits and meetings, as well as occasional timber sale layout and planning.
- Office: Approximately 2/3 of the time allocated to a Regional Forester is in the office. The remaining third is travel and field time related to staff oversight, client relations and specific project work.
- Reporting: The ability to prepare, review, and edit a variety of client and internal company reports individually or as part of a collaborative team. Budget development, project costing and proposal preparation are also required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience in forest management with evidence of supervisory and client management/communications responsibilities as well.
- Familiarity with GPS/GIS use and strong Microsoft Office applications skills required
- Position, despite its administrative focus, requires working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Position requires ability to function well independently, multi-task and self-motivate while simultaneously collaborating with, supervising and/or motivating team members.
- Position requires the ability and willingness to travel for work primarily within the Pennsylvania & the southern tier of New York to manage LandVest’s region of management from the Kane and Hancock offices. Occasional, extended road trip projects required.
- Successful candidate must provide a reliable 4WD vehicle. LandVest pays mileage for the use of personal vehicles and an additional payment for a full sized woods ready vehicle.
Pay and Benefits:
- This will be a full-time, salary position with a 90-day probationary period. Benefits (health insurance, 401K, paid vacation/personal time, sick leave) will be available after the probationary period.
- All forestry equipment & professional membership dues are provided by LandVest.
- Respond with well-written, compelling letter of application and resume to:
Steven G. Hawkes ACF CF
Timberland Region Manager
16 Centre Street
Concord, NH 03301