2017 Market Highlights
- Reduced inventory of listings (261 vs. a record 277 last year).
- 96 High-End $2,000,000+sales (vs. 100 last year).
- Top sale: $5,500,000 – 50 Nobscot Road, Weston.
- LandVest’s markets continue to improve in volume and turnover, with significant record sales.
- Special properties, expertly presented, reaching out to a broad market with a strong value proposition, are well received by the market.
In Middlesex County, Massachusetts, in the first half of 2017, the inventory of high-end listings contracted to 261 listings from a record level of 277 last year. On average since 2008 there have been 212 listings at this point in the year.
In Middlesex County, the high-end market is predominately in the $2-$3 million range.
Sales in the first half of 2017 were reduced with 96 sales vs. 100 in 2016 and the record 102 in 2015.
First Half 2017 Top Sale
Property: 50 Nobscot Road • Town: Weston • Selling price: $5,500,000
New construction stone-and-shingle home, with 5 bedrooms and 8,500 sq ft on 1.4 acres. Amenities include a custom kitchen, a vault-and-beam ceilinged family room, and a custom wood library. The lower level features a wine cellar, home theater, exercise room and spa bath.
Highest & Median Sale
Days on Market
Days on market for high-end sales increased to 148 from 137 last year and are slightly below the average from 2008-2017 of 166.
Sales by Town
Nine of the 54 cities and towns in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, had high-end sales in the first half of 2017: Belmont, Cambridge, Carlisle, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Newton, Weston, and Winchester.
For additional information about LandVest’s brokerage, real estate consulting, and appraisal services, please contact: